Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I love the night sky...

I sit outside most nights. I just sit and look up into the dark blue canvas that is the sky...I love the moon. The pale white light it shines down in the night. It gives everything an almost nonexistent feel. It makes everything seem more cloudy and uncertain. Yet its that same white light that the moon shines down that I love to take in. I love to close my eyes and feel it brighten my sight.

I love the moon and the pale light it bathes everything in. But the clouds in the sky make it seem so much further away than it already is. I sit, waiting for the clouds to part so that I might have some of that lovely light that I love to feel on my face and see light up the night like a dark blue dream. The clouds are thick most nights and steal the moonlight from me. When it does shine through the breaks in the banks of clouds it makes even the clouds look beautiful and dark. And when there's a big enough break, the moon in all its pale glory shines triumphantly down on me with its soft white light, making me feel alive.

But those clouds. I hate those clouds. I don't care about how much of the moon is shining, as long as its shining on me. It could be just a pail white nail clipping in the sky, or a huge white ball of light with the man in the moon looking down on me with his sad face. I love it no matter how much it is.

And the nights of new moon? I still go out and just wait and stare into the pitch that is the night. The stars are pretty and all, but they don't shine like the moon. Their light is insufficient and ,just like the song says, they just twinkle. On the nights I can't see the moon because of the clouds or new moon, I just sit there in the dark and look up and patiently wait for the moon to come back and shine down on me. I let my eyes just take in the night. After a while I do get up and go in knowing that the moon will be there for me sometime soon.

Te amo Luna.

No comments:

Post a Comment